[3830] ARRLDX CW ZF1A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW ZF1A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 02:54:52 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ZF1A
Operator(s): K6AM N6MJ N5DX
Station: ZF1A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cayman Is.
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  519    58
   80:  910    60
   40: 1309    60
   20: 1414    60
   15: 1410    60
   10: 1425    60
-------------------
Total: 6987   358  Total Score = 7,499,742

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

After several years of doing this contest as a single op, I'm done.  Can't
handle it at my age any more.  So this year we put together the "Dream
Team".  I recruited WRTC champ Dan, N6MJ along with WRTC runner up, Kevin,
N5DX to join me for an all out assult on the multi single record.

Conditions were just spectacular.  All bands were very quiet and signals were
very loud.  I got the sense that we were loud for you as well.  Kevin's Dad
K5GO, gave us a new vertical antenna that he used to post the high score in the
CQWW 160 CW contest.  It worked better than our regular two element wire beam on
the more distant states.

We set a goal of 7000 Q's, 350 mults, and 7.5 million points. The contest ended
about 5 minutes too soon.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's and especially to those rare mults who moved for
us.  Thanks also to Andrew and the gang at the CARS for the hospitality and the
use of the very fine station.

I'll see you next week in the CQWW 160 SSB test and then on to PJ2T to join
WE9V and W0CG to try to break yet another record in the ARRL SSB contest. Look
for Kevin as ZF2DX in several upcoming contests as well.

John, K6AM/ZF2AM