[3830] ARRLDX CW KL7RA M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KL7RA M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 02:57:50 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL7IF KL7RA KL7SB WL7M
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  120    30
   80:  540    54
   40:  737    57
   20: 1081    59
   15: 1763    59
   10: 1387    59
-------------------
Total: 5628   327  Total Score = 5,435,721

Club:

Comments:

Decided to go with three ops for a multi-two with the fourth being the local
president of the Kenai ham club here to check out what this contesting thing is
all about.

I knew it would be hard going in with just three ops but we did managed to keep
two radios going during the contest, mostly, when there was USA prop to Alaska.
In fact with a lot of time on topband, read-too much, we scored the most mults
ever posted from Alaska with 327. Prop was excellent to Europe and Asia so we
suffered a lot of zero pointers in the log as there is no easy way to stop
their calling. And we need them for the WPX coming up so you have to be nice
about it.

Special thanks to Wigi, AL7IF for staying up with me all day and night and to
Steve, KL7SB who did the heavy lifting with our big rates during the day. I
told
John, WL7M that it is possible to make ten q's in one minute with two radios in
a contest where as our local ham club takes one hour to do it during Field Day.
But he pointed out the down side, no beer. Good point, Field Day and 10 q's an
hour is just fine at times here in Alaska.

73 Rich KL7RA