[3830] ARRLDX CW TI5W M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mark@nevus.org
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW TI5W M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 03:50:29 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: TI5W
Operator(s): N3KS N4GG W9RE W9NJY N5OT W4OC
Station: TI5W

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  556    59
   80: 1158    60
   40: 1537    60
   20: 1396    60
   15: 1904    61
   10: 1568    61
-------------------
Total: 8119   361  Total Score = 8,751,723

Club:

Comments:

Our best congratulations to everyone who entered Multi-Two again this year.
This is our seventh outing as a group of old guys looking to stay off the
street and out of trouble, while only meeting with mixed success!

After the last photo-finish, described at the Dayton Hamvention and in the
National Contest Journal (VP2ME head-to-head with TI5W in 2013), we (the
Montserrat VP2ME crew) thought the best way to maximize our success was to try
and operate from the station (TI5W) that beat us.  Kam, N3KS, graciously
allowed us this opportunity.  We’ve spent a lovely week enjoying his
hospitality at his QTH amidst the volcanoes of Costa Rica.

For our part, we gave it all we had, and Kam’s station played great!  The
contest was not without drama, as we were using unfamiliar software on
aged-to-perfection computers in an unfamiliar setup, and endured one
spectacular failure that kept one of our transmitters off the air for over an
hour during the height of 20 meters, but we don’t want to make excuses.

Wouldn’t you know it, after 48 hours of pushing two transmitters for all they
are worth, it may be another photo-finish that will only be settled by the log
checkers!  We refer to the already-posted score of the excellent crew at PJ4X,
which is within less than one percent of our score!  Indeed, after over 8000
QSOs each, only about 22 QSOs separates our two scores.  What other Multi-Two
scores are lurking out there?

The suspense is killing us.

Our thanks to our host Kam, N3KS, for a memorable contest week.  To Don, W4OC,
our team-member-in-absentia who was present during all of the preparation to
help us be as prepared as possible in so many ways, and to everyone who got on
for the contest �" all of us reminding ourselves how much we love this
ham radio stuff!

The 2015 TI5W ARRL DX CW Crew