[3830] ARRLDX CW N8UM SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N8UM SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 04:51:43 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 27.0

  160:   48    36
   80:  292    75
   40:  418    86
   20:  407    92
   15:  520    87
   10:  335    69
-------------------
Total: 2020   445  Total Score = 2,696,700

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Wow, what a fun weekend.  We had almost an inch of ice, then several inches of
snow, then sub zero temps then more wet snow (I know the guys in New England,
Northern and Eastern Europe are laughing at me). I expected power drops and
fickle SWR problems on the verticals and cables.  Nothing happened except
stable, good conditions!

The low bands matched 10/15/20 with great propagation.  I was able to run EU
and JAs Saturday night and Sunday morning on 80 meters.

Was it just me or was there an increase in QRP participation (KX-3s?).  There
also seemed to be less problems with ID'ing.

K3, 9500, 17 verticals.  Single 80/160 base tuned quarter wave and four squares
for 40 through 10