[3830] ARRLDX CW N3QE SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshoppa@wmata.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N3QE SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 05:13:09 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   55    36
   80:  291    73
   40:  554    92
   20:  581    94
   15:  637   100
   10:  549    92
-------------------
Total: 2667   487  Total Score = 3,878,955

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

2.6K! That's the most for me ever in a weekend, by far!! A huge multiplicative
factor for BIC time, was the nasty weather which precluded any car trips
(indeed, venturing down the driveway for the Saturday dogwalks seemed hazardous
enough, never mind sliding down the driveway Sunday AM and then seeing the dog
struggle to get back up too!) until late Sunday afternoon (which turned out to
be surprisingly nice!) when I needed a break anyway.

Most memorable contact: Working 9V1YC first call by sliding just above pileup
on 40M an hour before the end of test.

Cold-and-dry 120Hz utility noise was present the first 24 hours especially on
40M/20M but not a huge hindrance given plenty of strong signals to work. The
noise disappeared exactly halfway through the contest when the temperature got
above freezing and the snow turned into rain, letting me really run for weak
callers, and indeed lots of 5-watters are in the log past the halfway point!

Extensive reversebeacon assistance to populate N1MM bandmap + Ten-Tec Eagle +
AL-1500 + 130 ft doublet up 75 feet.