[3830] ARRLDX CW ZM2B(ZL2BR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 2bfrank@orcon.net.nz
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW ZM2B(ZL2BR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 05:33:04 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ZM2B
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZM2B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Taranaki
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:  207    45
   20:   73    21
   15:  448    49
   10:  460    51
-------------------
Total: 1188   166  Total Score = 591,624

Club:

Comments:

Solar flux was too high!

My best scores in this contest have been when the flux was lower which of
course suppresses activity on the higher bands and hightens activity on the
lower bands.

40m was disappointing this year, at 0100 local on the first night when 40m was
the only band with any propagation to NA and the QSO rate was down to 20 per
hour, I went to bed. Second evening/night on 40m was worse, couldn't find any
new stations to work, so early to bed again.

Tried 80m a few times, nothing heard.

Enjoyed some very nice 75/100 per hr runs on 15m/10m during both morning
daylight hours.

20m was only open to NA after sunset, but NA signals were few and far between,
but EU's were pounding through!

73, Frank