[3830] ARRLDX CW N5RZ SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb5aar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N5RZ SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:42:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1585   110
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1585   110  Total Score = 523,050

Club: Midland Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Operated my station remote from YL friend K5RZA's house in town.  Used
K3/0+RemoteRig & N1MM+ logger with Teamviewer.  Missed Friday night due to
social obligation, so first QSO was at 1300Z.

Rotated the TH6DXX with N1MM Rotor control and EA4TX interface.  Was able to
remote control the SPE Expert 2K-FA amp and monitor the vital signs.  Used 3 of
the outputs on the amp to switch antennas (TH6DXX rotary @ 52', 5 el @ 70' on
EU, and 3 el @ 55' on JA).  The K3 I used doesn't have a sub RX, so couldn't
tune for mults while running.  Also, missed my P3.   Guess I'm spoiled to all
the creature comforts.    Only lost about 45 minutes from 1900Z - 1945Z on
Saturday when apparently the internet connection at my QTH must have crapped
out, but was FB the rest of the time.

Will be working out the kinks & have ideas to improve antenna switching and
get an SDR interfaced, but encouraged by the results.  Thanks to all the folks
that make this technology possible!

Condx and activity were excellent!  There will be some huge scores this time.

Thanks to all for the QSO's & dealing with my internet latency.

73,  Gator