[3830] ARRLDX CW K1ZZ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sumner@snet.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1ZZ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 19:12:27 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1ZZ
Operator(s): K1ZZ
Station: K1ZZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:   95    43
   80:  425    66
   40: 1186    92
   20: 1140    95
   15:  925    92
   10:  858    80
-------------------
Total: 4629   468  Total Score = 6,499,116

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I'm typing this with a heavy heart just after hearing that Dick, KB1H became SK
last night a few hours after the end of the contest. Using ingenuity,
scrounging, and just plain hard work, Dick put together an impressive multiop
station and developed a great team of operators. To say he will be missed is
truly an understatement.

As for the contest, my normal 10 meter antenna for running Europe is a 4-stack
of old 4L yagis. The feedline has a break somewhere under the snow so I
"only" had 5L at 135 ft and 6L at 100 ft on separate towers/rotators
to choose from. The higher of the two is new this year, and I'm beginning to
think that aluminum works better when it's shiny.