[3830] ARRLDX CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 21:37:31 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): K1DW KN5O NO5W W5RY W5GAI
Station: KN5O

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   20    18
   80:  274    69
   40:  995   100
   20: 1125   102
   15: 1548   117
   10: 1185   101
-------------------
Total: 5147   507  Total Score = 7,813,377

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Dallas K1DW, Chuck NO5W, Greg W5RY and Skip W5GAI for their efforts
this past weekend.  It was a great weekend to spend with friends working DX and
eating way more than we should.  And a big thank you to my wife Lorraine for
keeping us well fed.

For sure, I thought that the conditions were not going to be as good as they
were for CQ-WW last November - but they turned out good enough.  Although it
was noisy on 80 and 160 due to a cold wx front approaching, we still managed to
nearly tie our highest claimed Q-count for CQ-WW, missing by 1 Q.

We probably should have spent more time on 160 instead of 80 to collect some
more mults.  And starting out we should have chased mults, but instead chose to
come out of the blocks running.  Congrats to WW4LL, Fred, and his crew for a
great score.

Thanks to all the DX for being there.  And a special thank you to all the
100W-and-lower-power stations that called us, because without YOU, there is no
contest.

73 until the next one,
Ted
KN5O for W5RU

STN:

Radios:  4 x FT1000MP MK V
Amps: 2 x Alpha (8410 and 99), 2 x TenTec Centurion)
Antennas:  5 ele 10M @ 73', 5 ele 15M @ 88', 5 ele 20M @ 100', 2 el 40M @ 87',
4-sq 80M, 1/2-wl dipole 160M @ 75', KT34XA @ 70', Hi-Z 3 ele rcv array.

Still running N1MM classic, but plan to move to N1MM+.  But first need to
upgrade all my computers to new hardware and software. Yet another project
competing for resources in the next six months.