[3830] ARRLDX CW IR1Y M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik1hjs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW IR1Y M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 22:11:53 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: IR1Y
Operator(s): IK1YDB HB9DHG IK2PFL IZ1RYS IZ1LBG IK2JUB IZ1GAR IK1QBT IK1HJS
Station: IR1Y

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Val Borbera Valley
Operating Time (hrs): 43.33

  160:  150    36
   80:  622    51
   40: 1185    59
   20: 1321    60
   15: 1302    60
   10:  929    58
-------------------
Total: 5509   324  Total Score = 5,352,804

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Our firts attempt to MM with very simple setup:
160 = Inverted V (rx - Ewe antenna)
80= 20m Vertical (rx - DHDL)
40= OB17-4 (Optibeam) @22m.
20= 5 element Hy-Gain @15m
15= 5 elementi Hy-Gain @15m
10= 3 element Delta Loop @ 7m
we are very satisfied with the score, but  shorter openings on 15 and 10m than
last year decreased our expectations.
So we squized the bands with two interlocked radio (no inband antenna !) per
band with good operators !
Nice to have Stefano (IK2JUB) and for the first time Luca (IK2PFL) and Fulvio
(HB9DHG). Great help from Giacomo IZ1RYS.
Thrilling competition with OL7M on cqcontest.net knowing that 9A1A or some
other (not on live score) should have a higher score.
Thanks to all for qso.
73 de Carlo IK1HJS