[3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:11:54 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VP9/W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: VP9GE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bermuda
Operating Time (hrs): 42.1

  160:  354    54
   80:  360    58
   40:  836    58
   20: 1175    60
   15:  954    59
   10:  555    51
-------------------
Total: 4233   335  Total Score = 4,254,165

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment: IC-7000  Win-Test
Antennas:
160 Inv L
80/40 Dipoles at 25 feet
20-10 A4S at 25 feet

I arrived on Thursday to find most of the antennas needed work.  There had been
a bunch of gales across the island the previous week.  Ed and I worked on the
antennas on Friday and got everything working with one exception.  There was an
S9 plus 10 db noise level on the 80m dipole.  I was an alligator on that band
and my 80m numbers show that.  We have no idea what is causing that.

160m was exceptionally quiet this year and I put quite a few west coast
contacts in the log.  This is the best multiplier that I have ever had on that
band.

10 meters is still a tough band for me because I skip over the northeast.
However, Sunday was a big surprise when I put out a CQ and KM3T (NH) came right
back to me as if it was 15m.  I ended up working a bunch of the northeast but
still missed VT, RI, MD (where was LPL), and DC.

The IC-7000 and Win-Test worked flawlessly.  I have been using this same radio
since the ARRL Test in 2006 and it has never let me down.

I apologize if I didn't sign enough.  Two things come to mind which are not
good reasons.  First, my call is very long and second, I could still hear a
weak station calling that I wanted to get in the log before he got hammered by
louder stations.  Neither are good excuses but I offer them.  I don't think I
ever went over a minute without signing my call.

As always I have to thank Ed, VP9GE for his wonderful hospitality.  He is the
consummate host.  He has been one of the famous people in my life.

See you for ARRL DX Phone.

73, Kurt W6PH