[3830] ARRLDX CW N3RS SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rs@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N3RS SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:25:17 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

  160:   45    37
   80:  180    78
   40:  734   101
   20:  921   109
   15:  958   117
   10:  747   107
-------------------
Total: 3585   549  Total Score = 5,902,848

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This would have been a great contest if it weren't for some issues with our home
heater that popped up the day before the contest start.  I spent lots of time
running back and forth from the heater to the shack continually resetting the
heater controls to keep heat in the house.  With temps dropping below zero
overnight, the need for heat was my first priority.

Conditions were very good for the entire time I was on the air.  Because to the
heating issue, I stayed up straight through the first night and was exhausted by
1450Z when the Serviceman finally came to look at the furnace.  I stayed with
him until 1600Z and returned to the contest.  I stayed in the chair until 1730Z
when I took my first rest period until 2015Z.  I managed to stay in the chair
until 0145Z then decided to try to get some much needed sleep at 0145Z and
didn't return until 0935Z.  That meant I missed much of the 160/80/40 meter
action the second night.

All of those 10-15 minute breaks messing with the furnace caused me to
continually fight for a run frequency.  I used N1MM Logger+ again and am very
pleased with its performance.  I am still a low-grade novice with SO2R, but I
did manage to pick up a few multipliers on the second radio.  I don't know if I
will ever master it.

Thanks to all those who called in.  See you in the next CW contest.

73 de Sig