[3830] CQ160 SSB SE0X(SM0MDG) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bjorn@sm0mdg.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB SE0X(SM0MDG) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 23:34:43 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: SE0X
Operator(s): SM0MDG
Station: SE0X

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Stockholm
Operating Time (hrs): 18

Total:  QSOs = 203  State/Prov = 0  Countries = 34  Total Score = 34,442

Club:

Comments:

QRP was much more fun than I initially thought! I logged 200+ Qs - almost half
the number of my SM LP record, and more than a third of my HP and ASS SM
records.

Mostly its hard and slow, but I was surprised how well some operators hear,
even some weak stations like CR3L and RA9Y picked me up right away. On the
other hand there are some strong stations out there that definitely lack in the
RX antenna department.

99% of the logged calls are obviously in EU with DL and SP in the lead. The
only DX worked are CR3L and RA9Y mentioned above. Many more where heard, but
there is just so much 5 watt can do.

Most of the contest I used the SunSDR 2, a physically small but loaded Russian
SDR. Having the band scope really made a difference for S&P but also made
it simple to quickly locate a “hole” to run in. At the end of the contest I
used the K3 and I instantly missed the band scope!

Equipment_
SunSDR2 & Elecraft K3
SPE 1k (used the tuner)
Top loaded 20 meter vertical & FCP