[3830] CQ160 SSB K1VC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1vc@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K1VC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:29:20 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K1VC
Operator(s): K1VC
Station: K1VC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 304  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 4  Total Score = 32,977

Club:

Comments:

This was a lot of fun!  I haven't participated in this contest since 2010.  I
started a few hours late due to other commitments and it reflects in my score.
Did 50/50 S&P and run using N1MM Logger+.  I didn't setup N1MM Logger+
correctly with my radio interface and so my radio wasn't logging the frequency
correctly (user error).  Fixed that quickly and all worked well.  Friday night
was hard, trying to get back in the swing of contesting.  Saturday I had family
commitments but managed to operate a few hours.  I was very surprised that I
could run a frequency with a simple dipole at 50 feet and 100 watts.  I stayed
at the upper end of 160 and that certainly helped.  I forgot how much fun it
was to run a frequency.  I was amazed at what I could hear.  I did a lot of
S&P on Saturday night to find multipliers.  Unfortunately, I didn't work a
single European station but I heard so many of them.  Thank you to all who
called.

Vin, 73
K1VC