[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3BR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3br@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE3BR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 03:26:07 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE3BR
Operator(s): VE3BR
Station: VE3BR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN03es
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 87  State/Prov = 33  Countries = 0  Total Score = 13,959

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Jupiter
Antenna: DX-Eng 80/40 Thunderbolt 55ft Dual Band Vertical
Software: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.4736.0 updated part way through to 1.0.4738.0

Conditions appeared to be very good with litttle to no noise. I started late
and off the bat was hearing Europeans (9A, DK, OK, EA and more) at 59 and a
whole bunch of NA/SA/Caribbean (ZF, C6, HK, NP4, XE and more) at 59+20 or
better, not to mention everybody and their uncle in K/VE. All this on my
non-resonant vertical. I thought something out of ordinary was in the making
and decided to go at 4 W in a QRP attempt. Nothing but frustration followed;
pretty much nobody was hearing me. After a couple of hours I decided to go full
blown 100 W from my Jupiter. Guess what? Nothing changed; nobody was hearing me
either. If I worked all I could hear, I would rake up quite a score. As it was
I have the following question: if an alligator is "all mouth, no
ears", then which animal is the opposite?