[3830] ARRLDX CW CS2C(OK1RF) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pesta@labex.cz
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW CS2C(OK1RF) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 21:17:09 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: CS2C
Operator(s): OK1RF
Station: CT1JLZ

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Porto Covo
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1916    61
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1916    61  Total Score = 350,628

Club:

Comments:

First of All, congratulations to  Larry, FY5KE (F6FVY) and Pertti CR2X (OH2PM).
The total redesign of my antenna farm at CT1JLZ goes slower due to my age. The
40-meter antenna still lays on ground.
After a long time I had to use SOSB in the ARRL Contest. As I assumed, the fun
persisted only over the first night. Later I was only listening and listening
for any CQ to come back. Opening at 10 and 15 meters took a long time, and 20 m
band was empty during afternoon. The second day as I noticed also Pertti
fighting the poor 20 m band, I only tried to find the final score difference
between CR2X and me.  A nice satisfaction came when I broke the old OH8X EU
record, but I was sure Pertti broke it earlier.
The physics cannot be twisted. The geographic position of CR2X is a limiting
factor for ARRL Contest runners from EU.
  My only question to tease is - are the Azores still in Europe?
Pity that in the ARRL Contest no more the old classes exist: HIGH and LOW
bands. I remember that from my young times when I competed as OK1ALW, since
1964.

 Thanks everybody for calling!  The best impression came from my QSO with AK7DD
from OR, with 3W QRP and an indoor antenna.
MNI TNX, Phil.
At the endeven more special thanks to Nazaire, VO2NS (Mult. Nr. 60) and Jay,
VY1JA (Mult. Nr. 61).
73 !
Jiri CS2C/ OK1RF