[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5YAA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K5YAA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 16:57:42 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OIK
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:   10     9
   80:    0     0
   40:   99    50
   20:  173    64
   15:  137    61
   10:   96    40
-------------------
Total:  515   224  Total Score = 344,926

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Threw in the towel with 8 hours to go. Usually beam 30 degrees to Europe but 120
degrees produced stronger signals on 10 and 15 meters both Saturday and Sunday
AM. 9A1A and TM6M boomed in at 120 degrees. Two of the only stations I didn't
have to repeat my call sign for. You can see from the Q to Mult ratio I had to
S&P the entire time on 10 and 15 meters. S7 European signals became 25 over
when beaming South America. Never experienced such an anomaly.

Using the same exact setup as in the CW part where I ran for hours. Very
frustrating as Texas stations with wires and Tuna Can power beat me out the
entire weekend on the high bands. Actually had to repeat info a number of times
if I could even get the attention of a station. Not Fun like this stuff is
supposed to be. CU in the next one.

73, Jerry K5YAA

Rig: Dual K3s and Alpha 9500s into 8el on 10, 6el on 15, 6el on 20 and 3el on
40. A Vee for 160 and high SWR on 80.