[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3CV SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3CV SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 22:49:02 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: En93el
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:  145    69
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  145    69  Total Score = 30,015

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

First 40m effort to learn propagation quirks...and there were many.  Friday
night was best here with everywhere on at the same time around 0600-0800 - ZL,
VK, JA, KH6, KL7, EU, SA ...WOW!, but Saturday was good until about 0530 with
7Z as new one on 40 SSB, but faded before EU sunrise, so off to bed for a
planned early start at 1100Z.  Not sure when the X-Class Solar Flare happened,
but it killed Sunday morning...could hear JAs, but none could hear my 90 watts.
 Did manage V26M for my only contact and new mult.  Couldn't stay for the last
two hours, but did hear and called PA7A several times at 2130Z before he was
spotted. Managed a "VE3 again", but that was it.  Bummer...really
wanted mult #70.  So thanks to all the fine Ops.  Not so all the QRZers who
don't ID...not fun when unassisted.  And again the CQ machines with 10 seconds
listening time!  Still, what fun!
73
Jeff VE3CV

FT-1000MP running 90w into 80m delta loop or GAP Voyager vertical.
N1MM Plus worked great, but it had trouble identifying TO66R in Guadelope.