[3830] ARRLDX SSB KH6CJJ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kentfae@gmil.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KH6CJJ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 01:45:47 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Maui, Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:   69    28
   40:  228    45
   20:  478    52
   15:  544    55
   10:  533    57
-------------------
Total: 1852   237  Total Score = 1,313,928

Club: Maui Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Great contest...my all-time best in score and number of Q's for any contest!  A
M-9 flare knocked out the bands for a couple of hours here on Saturday at 2200
UTC, but they recovered later. Saturday night I could hear many W's, K's, and
VE's working lots of DX on 80, but they (W's, K's, VE's) were never, with a
very few exceptions, calling CQ.  That made it hard for a low power station
like mine to get noticed.  If they called CQ, I could work them, but it was
very hard to ever get them to know I was there.  Once I was finally spotted,
many Q's resulted. Special thanks to WQ1P, K3LR, W3LPL, WE3C, N6RO, NX6T, W6WB,
K9CT, and N0NI for picking me out on the five bands I work.

Multiband Hexbeam at 25 feet
G5RV at 40 feet
TS-990S

Aloha, Kent