[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 04:22:14 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 17:06

  160:    6     5
   80:    0     0
   40:   59    45
   20:  103    65
   15:  244    76
   10:  458    78
-------------------
Total:  870   269  Total Score = 702,090

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL922A, TH6DXX, Sloping Vees (80, 40), Inverted L (160)

Part time effort.  Lots of activity.  Lots of QRM.  Good conditions on 15 and
10 meters.  All but 3 hours were S&P.  Two good runs on 10 meters into
Europe.  By design stayed away from low bands except for a few short forays on
40 and 160.  Just don't have the antennas for DXing on those bands.

I'm still adjusting to a new K3 and N1MM+.  Elected not to use recorded
messages in N1MM+ but did use the K3's DVR occasionally.  Sure saves the
voice.

Thanks to all who gave a QSO.  Sorry I missed some due to a bit of noise on 10
meters at one point.  Surprised to hear 7Z1HL coming through on 40 on my wire
antenna.

For the short time I was in the test I really enjoyed it.  Hopefully next year
I will be able to mount a more serious effort.

73,
Russ - K0VXU