[3830] ARRLDX SSB W3DQ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W3DQ M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 19:11:57 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ K3KU VE3EA
Station: W3DQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:   13    11
   80:   25    18
   40:   28    20
   20:   67    37
   15:  179    70
   10:  131    57
-------------------
Total:  443   213  Total Score = 283,077

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Phone contests have really changed with the advent of skimmers. Folks have
either forgotten about or altogether neglected spotting, which makes life tough
for the smaller stations trying to get any traction when running. Here in DC,
4U1WB was spotted a couple of times and was able to have some good runs. We
weren't spotted and could never get going.

I started out single-op as none of the regular crew was available. Too may
immovable family events conflicted with prime operating time. The time daylight
change didn't help, either. K3KU and VE4NA came over for the last 2 hours, and
suffered from severe culture shock after having been at W3LPL earlier in the
day!

While the results weren't what I would have liked, I still had fun... and
that's what it's all about, right?

Thanks for the Q's!

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

--
Orion 565/Hercules II (500w on a good day)
F12 C-3SS