[3830] NA Sprint RTTY NR5M(KU5B) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY NR5M(KU5B) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 04:16:13 +0000
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: NR5M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Hempstead, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   45
   40:   63
   20:   59
---------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team: SECC and Friends

Comments:

Thanks to George for letting me use the station. This was my first crack at SO2R
RTTY and it was interesting to say the least. I had a HUGE problem with the
function keys doing crazy things. Well, I just worked E30FB on 40cw and went to
look at the online log for previous Q's and the keyboard quit. New batteries in
and a post-contest test of the function keys in Win-Test yielded nothing like
what I was experiencing. Lesson learned: change the batteries in the keyboard
whether it needs it or not. The only other somewhat distracting thing was the
bandpass filters clicking in and out, sometimes in the middle of a Q and
tripping the amp. Annoying, but I got used to it. This problem we'll need to
figure out.

Thanks to John for putting the teams together. Perhaps I'll be back next time
with fresh keyboard batteries :)

Colin KU5B