[3830] BARTG NO2T SO Expert HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, no2t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] BARTG NO2T SO Expert HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:50:54 +0000
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 25

   80:   49       5         11
   40:  151      27         13
   20:  277      42         14
   15:  218      48         11
   10:   24      10          7
-----------------------------------
Total:  719     132         56  Continents = 6  Total Score = 811,032

Club: Bergen Amateur Radio Association

Comments:

Ouch! A index of 25 and a K of 6!!!! What a way of starting a contest. Almost
quit several times. In addition, Wet snow on the antennas raised my noise
level.

Thank you those who stuck with my asking for repeat after repeat. Without you
HAMs it would not be a fun event.

I had a secret weapon! My ANAN 100D, with PowerSDR software allowed me to find
and work stations, that I could not have, with a classic analog radio.

Used N1MM Logger PLUS for logging. Had some problems. There were about a dozen
or so times when my sent time was not recorded in the log. When creating a
CABRILLO form to send to the organizers, it crashed with a Micro$oft error.
Fortunately I had created a text file of everything that appeared on my
monitor. While it was not as clean as the one produced by MMTTY it was adequate
to find  the time stamp I had sent. Thus was able to fill in the missing data in
my log. Needless to say, it was a heart stopper.
I used 2Tone.exe for the rtty demod. Kept switching through the various DSP
functions to try and improve copy. For the first time ever, found that the
Noise Reduction function (in PSDR),actually improved copy. Try it, you may like
it.
Once again, Thank you for all the QSO's.  Without all you wonderful people it
would not be a contest.
73 GUD DX de Jerry NO2T