[3830] OkQP AD0DX Mobile Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OkQP AD0DX Mobile Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 21:28:36 +0000
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: AD0DX
Operator(s): AD0DX
Station: AD0DX

Class: Mobile Assisted LP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:    142
   20:    235      124
   15:     50
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    427      124  Mults = 50  Total Score = 76,450

Club:

Comments:

Had a great time in the 2015 OKQP, a great way to start the 2015 contesting
season.  My wife was my driver and I had a new K3/100.

I planned my route so that my wife could do a little bird watching along the
way.  We ended up at Tishomingo National Wildlife Sanctuary on Sat evening.

My mobile vehicle is a 2004 Chevy Venture, and either the engine noise is worse
or the K3 receiver is a lot hotter than my previous radio.  Probably both are
true.  I was getting so much engine noise that I decided to change my route so
that we could drive by hitting fewer counties.  That way we could drive and
then stop and operate.

At the end of the day on Sat I got a call from John N6MU requesting that I
change my route to help him get the sweep.  We were able to accomodate John and
pick up a few counties such as Johnson, Stephens, McClain and Grady and I
believe we helped John get the sweep.

I sat on the Grady / McClain county line for 1 hour on Sunday, much longer than
I had planned for.  I had a 30 min pileup on CW and then a 30 min pileup on
phone; it was a lot of fun.

Conditions were ok during the contest.  Sat was a little tough due to the
Russian dx contest.  I tried 20mtr phone on Sat but just wasn't able t find a
spot amid the other contesters in the dxcontest.  I did work Uraguay on phone
and a few Europeans on cw.  But it was nothing like the MOQP last year when 15
was open to Europe most of the contest.

Thanks to Connie K5CM for organizing a great Qso Party and hope to work you all
in Missouri Apr 4/5 as W0H/m.