[3830] WPX SSB G2F M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, makidoja@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB G2F M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:14:05 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: G2F
Operator(s): M0CKE M0CHK M0CLW EI5IX
Station: G2F

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Wisbech
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   24
   80:  205
   40:  589
   20: 1458
   15:  758
   10:  430
------------

Club: Wisbech Amateur Radio & Electronics Club

Comments:

Our first attempt @ MS in WPX SSB, and the interlocking is entertaining to say
the least.

Friday got off to a bad start with the winch break failing on the main 26m
tower when it was at about 60m @ 0730 hours, result was an injured operator and
a 20m beam which was in tatters, elements and boom badly bent, after op repairs,
tower repairs, winch repairs and a rebuild of the 20m beam we were in a position
to start putting the radios etc together @ 1500 hrs .. I tell you this was no
mean feat and required huge dedication from the engineering team (M0CKE and
M0CHK, M0CHK being the injured party)!!!

Our station is ad hoc and has to be set up before every large contest, this
will soon change with a new shack build planned.

So we were setup and ready to test @ 2100 hrs and testing commenced with no
real issues so on to the start we went.

LF were very poor Sat am with most of our Q's coming from 20m runs into the US
during our dark hours, Saturday day conditions were reasonable but 10m never
really got going with the main operations on 15 and 20m, Saturday night was
better on 40m and 80m but 80m was still very poor and 160m was hardly worth the
effort, Sunday morning daylight hours were hard going with no real Asia runs and
conditions seemed very poor, finally Sunday afternoon the HF bands opened to NA
and the runs began with good runs on 15m and 20m but 10 was still not great.

We all had a great time on the contest, WX during the weekend was very windy
with gusts upto 100km/h during Sunday but the antenna's all held position
nicely.

Good food and good company as usual make for good contests.

Our aim was 10m points and 3500 Q's so we were not far off and the team was
happy with the result for the first attempt .. lots to learn and some
modifications to be made before next year SSB WPX :)

See you all soon

Jim M0CKE & the clan @ G2F