[3830] WPX SSB AC3U(@K4VV) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0yr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AC3U(@K4VV) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:26:28 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AC3U
Operator(s): N1RM W3UL K3TN W4TMO K4XD KJ4VTH NC4S CX7TT N9NC KJ0D W0YR
Station: K4VV

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

------------
  160:   13
   80:  300
   40:  802
   20: 1648
   15: 1116
   10:  616
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Once again, TeamK4VV mounted a Totally Remote, Multi-Multi effort for this
contest.  No one operated from the K4VV shack during the contest.  We used the
three fully-remote-capable positions at K4VV.

Two big, intermittent obstacles popped up.  The Green Heron control box for the
big 20M stack refused to work about midday on Sunday.  And, at about the same
time a power line insulator on a pole directly in our path to Europe decided to
start barking.  However, we worked around those problems.  By the WPX CW
weekend, we will have those problems addressed.

The fine team at NE1C@K1TTT beat us by 11K points, taking full advantage of
their greater number of operating positions, closer proximity to EU and better
low-band receiving antennas than we have.

We all are thrilled to see our PVRC sister station, WX3B's spectacular
attainment of 25.613-million points.  Jim's group will, doubtless, be the top
USA entry.

Many thanks to Bill Rogers, W3UL for the use of the Severn Radio Contesters'
AC3U call sign.

Thanks also to Rowland Archer, K4XD for again serving as Contest Captain and
Scheduling Guy.  Rowland's enthusiasm is infectious.

Congrats to our POS2 guys who enjoyed using their well-honed K3/RemoteRig set
up.
Loads of appreciations go to Paul-N4PD, for always being there to fix things.

Many, many thanks go to John, W5ODJ for providing us with a top-notch Internet
connection.

Kudos to our "Rate Animals," Rick-N1RM in Reston, VA, and Eric-KJ0D
out there near Kansas City!

Our far-flung guys included (for this 'test):

Tom-CX7TT in Uruguay (puts the Remote in “Remote”)
Eric-KJ0D in Missouri, (five shifts on Saturday and rate-master)
Tom-N9NC in New Hampshire, (our 40M beast)
Rowland-K4XD (Mr. Motivator), Jim-W4TMO in North Carolina (Mr. Never Say Die),
Bill-W3UL (six shifts plus fill-in!), John-K3TN in Maryland (rate goes up, up,
up),
Gary-NC4S (First timer, two shifts!), Bill-KJ4VTH (Mr. Sunday), Rick-N1RM (the
rate animal), and Mike-W0YR in Virginia

We are proud to be the FIRST anywhere, Totally Remote Multi-Multi contest
station.  We're going to continue to improve.  Thanks to CQ Magazine and its
continuing commitment to sponsoring these great contests.  Thanks to all
worldwide for the Qs, Mults and operating courtesy.