[3830] WPX SSB N7MZW SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N7MZW SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 04:25:51 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Cheyenne, WY
Operating Time (hrs): 28HRS

------------
  160:    0
   80:   23
   40:  249
   20:  304
   15:  273
   10:   68
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

A personal best for me,in spite of wasting 8 hours of operating time. Another
"Boy and his wire Adventure" from my Apartment QTH. I like the
TB-WIRES overlay category, but wish they would have a "wires only/No
Beams" category as well for us "little pistols"!!! Kenwood
TS-950SD (reduced to 100 watts output power), Heil ProSet with HC-5 mic.
element,and a "home brewed" G5RV up 50 feet running N-S at 6,053 feet
elevation in Cheyenne, Wyoming. A lot of the DX stations heard had LOUSY AUDIO!
Many did not bother with the signal report(as part of the required exchange)
unless asked. Many DX stations apparently think that their country assigned
them the amateur call sign of "QRZ?" Ops are getting more clueless
every year! I had one "6 Lander" land less than a KC from me,and then
start calling CQ!He was 30 over, but became deaf when confronted-Hi-Hi. Still, a
great contest, with only a few "LIDS", and nearly 100% great ops.
Thanks for the contacts.