[3830] WPX SSB NR5M SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, georged@demontrond.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NR5M SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:05:17 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): NR5M
Station: NR5M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Hempstead, Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  966
   20:  887
   15: 1007
   10:  711
------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Focused on 3 and 6 point QSO's and maybe sacrificed some US prefixes and Q's.
Really had fun on 40--Eu as well as JA.  All those sweet 6 pointers!  Something
about the QRM on 40 that really motivated me to pacify a frequency.  Thanks to
K5RT for ceding me the 40 meter frequency we shared for a while.  I ran about
70-80 6 pointers just after that!  I owe you a dinner.

First time experience: Lost all power for about 10 seconds in the last hour
just as I was working a mult on 10 meters.  The UPS kept the computer going -
everything else shut down. Was able to get the radio and microkeyer back on in
time to complete the mult qso and then proceeded to work 3 more mult qso's
before I realized I was running barefoot at 60 watts.  Never even lost the
frequency while the amps took their 3 minute break before coming back up. Gotta
love 10 meters!

Thanks for a great time!

George, NR5M