[3830] WPX SSB SK3W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sm3sgp@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB SK3W M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 07:28:38 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: SK3W
Operator(s): ON3LOL SA0CAV SA0CAD SA5CKZ SA0BSJ SA7BUU SA0AZT SA3BPG SA6BMM
SA0MBA SA2BLV PB8DX
Station: SK3W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Fernebo
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:  129
   80:  388
   40:  582
   20: 1833
   15: 1186
   10:  550
------------

Club:

Comments:

For the third year in a row a group of youngsters invaded the station for CQ WPX
Phone. This year a group of 11 hams from Sweden, Skåne, Netherlands and Belgium
joined the team.

Propagation was fair, with good runs on Saturday but very slow on Sunday. No
major disasters occurred except for the dirt road that collapsed due to heavy
rainfall, and we had to tow a couple of cars. Four operating positions were
used in the shack, and for the first time in history we had working voicekeyers
on all positions. Audio was reported to be good, even if some of the DVK
recordings were not perfect.

The event was broadcasted on Youtube, and the clips are still available. This
year we used a quick solution for the streaming, using Hangouts, but it caused
us to start a new stream every hour. This could have been fixed with better
preparations before the contest. Operating position A was broadcasted with both
RX and TX audio, but were dependent on the MONITOR level selected by the
operator. An improvement could be to add a frequency display, for the audience
to know were we were operating, maybe a violation of the rules BUT remember
this is an attempt to promote hamradio and contesting in this ageing hobby.

Some links:
Youtube Live event recordings: https://www.youtube.com/user/sm3sgp
Sofie and Mult Bell: https://plus.google.com/+GunnarWidell/posts/6MABR77pXtH
Jocke and the girls: https://plus.google.com/+GunnarWidell/posts/dDDdqgaYQar