[3830] JIDX CW N6RO SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW N6RO SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:13:37 +0000
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  140    35
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  140    35  Total Score = 4,900

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The Radio Oakley team continues to pursue the North American score records.
We currently hold 7 of the 14 categories.  At the start of the contest, the
outlook for band condx looked grim, with A=35, K=4.

10m suffered the most from poor condx; Masa K1GI(JN3JFQ) ended up two QSOs and
two mults short of W6TK's 10m LP record(2013) of 76/29.

15m was "OK" but not up to last year.  K3EST came within 3% of Masa's
2012 15m HP record, with 375 Qs and an amazing mult of 46.

I decided to tackle the 20m LP record of 71/32 by VE6CNU in 2007.  The band
died 30 minutes after the start of the contest. I had 6 QSOs all night,
compared to 190 Qs last year at sunrise in the 20m HP category. At 03Z Sat.
nite, I had 21 Qs, 50 short of the record! I was tempted to turn off the radio
and watch the NHL games stored on my DVR.  But after a salmon dinner I went
back to the chair to find the band open, and a few JAs coming down from 15m.
The rate picked up, and by 0530z I passed the old record of 2272 points.  The
band hung in there until 0840z enabling a final score of 4900.  We'll see if
that turns out to be the high score in 20m LP.

Thanks to all the JAs who filled our logs in this JIDX!  CU in All Asia CW in
June.