[3830] GaQP KM4DAY M/SMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP KM4DAY M/SMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 03:08:26 +0000
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: KM4DAY
Operator(s): KM4DAY LZ4AX
Station: KM4DAY

Class: M/SMixed LP
QTH: MURR
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:     76       46
   40:    192      169
   20:    103      110
   15:     13        7
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    384      332  CW-Dig Mults = 45  Ph Mults = 46  Total Score = 100,100

Club:

Comments:

This was KM4DAY's very first QSO party/contest. Eri got her Technician last
summer during the WRTC in Boston. The WRTC atmosphere was apparently contagious
- 2 months later she upgraded to General and started bugging me about doing some
contests from GA. The first training session was the phone SS from her office at
Emory college with some very improvised setup. After the SS, we decided to put
some more serious effort in the GA QSO party. KM4DAY's place in Atlanta is
environmentally unfriendly, that is, no outside antennas are allowed at all and
putting some small stacks on the roofs of Emory was not an option. We rented a
nice cabin near Chatsworth on a beautiful hill-top location and set up a real
field style operation. The setup was as simple as possible but it took us the
whole Friday and most of Saturday to build and put up the antennas - a 100 ft
dipole on a 12m Spiderbeam pole and a super heavy-duty home brewed version of
Spiderbeam designed to withstand the drop with the 32 ft mast. The last feature
was tested only once and the performance deemed satisfactory.
The contest was fun, although the conditions were not at their best. KM4DAY did
most of the operating, while I was busy logging and filled some CW here and
there. At the end, seems like the QSO party was a great success and beyond some
radio activity we got the opportunity to enjoy some of the beautiful scenery
that Georgia mountains have to offer.
Thanks to the organizers of the GA QSO party and to all of you who took the
time to encourage the main operator. We will be back!

73, Alex LZ4AX