[3830] NCCC Sprint KE0G QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KE0G QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 03:24:51 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Apr 17

Call: KE0G
Operator(s): KE0G
Station: KE0G

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): .4

  160:
   80:   2      2
   40:   9      9
   20:   8      7
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  19     18  Total Score = 342

Club:

Comments:

K3/10 at 5 watts to a N/S 74'dipole up about 45' and an inv ell with corner at
57' both fed with ladder lines and tuners.  k4bai, John, thanks for the call.
A rough night for QRP due to QRN.  Nature's spark gap transmitters were working
across large areas of the US tonight.  This is one of those times QRP is beyond
"challenging" and closer to "oooo.... try again later" when
QRN subsides. I'm grateful for your ears to pull my sigs out of the noise.  One
July afternoon I went portable in a rare MN county for the County Hunter's
contest and netted 5 QSO's in about 3 hours op time due to summer QRN.  Tonight
was far better than that!  Big Sigs in MN:  20 M: k7ss, 40 M: tie between kz5d,
kw8n and no3m, 80 M: wd0t.  C U next time, 73, Dan ke0g.