[3830] CQMM DX ZM2B(ZL2BR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 2bfrank@orcon.net.nz
Subject: [3830] CQMM DX ZM2B(ZL2BR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 05:09:39 +0000
                    CQ Manchester Mineira DX Contest

Call: ZM2B
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZL2BR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Taranaki
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:
   40:   43      9
   20:  222     10
   15:  223     13
   10:  119     14
----------------------
Total:  607     46  Countries = 72  Total Score = 118

Club:

Comments:

QSO points: 2143

First time in this contest and probably my last. Propagation on the ZL-SA path
is only any good for short periods. SA stations were very hard to find and many
were weak. Obviously most SA stations with beams were aiming North for W/VE or
North East for Europe. ZL is off the back of their beams and even with a kW and
a yagi I could not get replies from many SA stations.

Result was only 46 SA mults from 50 contacts with 44 stations. Heck I worked 32
DL's.

Got heaps of calls from stations who were probably not in the contest and
probably won't send logs in and who probably won't appear in the minimum of
five received logs.

Oh well ce la vie.

73, Frank