[3830] 144SprngSprnt KA2KQM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kotoka2kqm@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt KA2KQM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:17:00 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: KA2KQM
Operator(s): KA2KQM
Station: KA2KQM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EM74tm
Operating Time (hrs): 3.6

Total:  QSOs = 26  Mults = 16  Tot Dist(km) = 7738  Total Score = 416

Club:

Comments:

I enjoyed the 2015 144 MHz Sprint very much! I was very happy to be back on the
air on 144 MHz after suffering from antenna and feedline damage after an ice
storm at the end of January 2015. I worked hard to put up 4 x 23 elements on
432 MHz and 16 elements on 144 MHz over the last three weeks in between all the
rainy periods. Still had water in my 7/8ths feedline for 144 MHz last week. So,
had to run temp LMR-400 up tower to bypass that issue to be on for the Sprints.
Murphy found my address and I ended up with a burned up TNC adapter 1 hour
before Sprints. So, had to replace the TNC with a proper N male connector on
the indoor end (thankfully) of the LMR-400 and started the Sprints 20 minutes
late due to connector replacement. I ran lower power (500 watts) than normal to
insure I would not find another weak link in my temporary feedline arrangement.
So, for the Sprints I ran 500 watts and 16 elements. It was great to work
N4TUT, KD4AMP, N4TWX, W8SPM, NG4C, K1ISR, W3IP, WA9KRT and some of the other
more distant stations. Great to hear fairly decent activity levels here in the
Southeast. Also always interesting to see the impact of different ham/VHF
active stations in the different areas of the U.S. The total distance in km
above should be very close to correct. My average distance per QSO was 298 km!
Had a good chuckle when I saw on logger that there was QRM in the Northeast!
Wish we had that challenge down here. Thanks all for taking the time to get on
the air. The activity levels for the Sprint's and all of the VHF and up
contests are what make it fun for me. Thanks to all for taking time to get on
the air. And, for putting comments on your logger. Great fun to read what
adventures others had. Also, thanks again to Bruce, WA7BNM for supporting the
Central States VHF Society Sprints on the 3830 page.