[3830] CQMM DX AB1J SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQMM DX AB1J SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:36:17 +0000
                    CQ Manchester Mineira DX Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 20:50

   80:
   40:   42     10
   20:   71     23
   15:  121     28
   10:   40     27
----------------------
Total:  274     88  Countries = 59  Total Score = 180,075

Club:

Comments:

This was a Hotel California experience for me. Once I got in I couldn't get out.
Luckily, the contest ended and I wasn't doomed to wander an infinite hall of
mirrors. I worked a lot in the yard and garden during the weekend, trading off
periodically for some radio. It was a nice mix.

The 40-10m bands were open but conditions were less than ideal. I struggled and
so did others. Luckily the exchange is simple with a few interesting twists,
like C, M, Q and Y. I'm glad it isn't a serial number contest.

I've come to be curious about how many ops are using code readers in contests
and otherwise. That would explain some of the persistent problems certain
stations have copying calls. I experimented a bit with code readers and the
result was I promptly downloaded Morse Runner for practice and took inspiration
from John Henry, the steel drivin' man. The difference is I'm still alive after
whuppin' the machine.

This is a nice contest and I hope it continues to prosper.

73,
Ken, AB1J

FT-2000
20-15-10m attic dipoles and outdoor 40m stealth antenna