[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 00:16:26 +0000
                    Microwave Spring Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN52xc/EN62ad
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  QSOs = 16  Max Dist(km) = 185  Total Score = 758

Club:

Comments:

VERY frustrating when a needed cable (power cable for an FT-817, I.F. rig for
3.4 G) is missing, then MORE frustrating when it is finally found in a place
that you THOUGHT you had looked...ARRRGH!

It was a later start for me anyway (though I might have had another half-hour,
perhaps an hour, had it not been for the time spent looking for that @$#!%*
cable).

Thanks to K2DRH for the heavy lifting at his end to pull my 1.2G signal out of
the noise to complete the 185 km path (longest for me) from his EN41vr location
to my EN52xc spot, almost 1/4 of my total DX points...wish we'd been successful
on 3.4G.

This was the best local (NW suburban Chicago area) participation in a Microwave
Spring Sprint in a long time...with AB9QH, K3SIW, W9SNR, W9SZ and W9ZIH active
nearby and IN my log. I heard that K9PW/R was out locally, too (and has posted
his score), but we missed linking up. I caught KO9A on the 2m liaison frequency
early but, with him being in the same Grid-6 as me so QSOs would have been
considered 1 km each AND Jim having to rush off for some family errands, we
decided to skip them.

Thanks to ALL who participated in the 2015 Microwave Spring Sprint and to Kent,
KA2KQM, and Mike, WB8BZK, for their continued work as the Spring Sprint hosting
team and to the Central States VHF Society for their sponsorship.

73, JK