[3830] InQP AE8M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] InQP AE8M Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 23:37:20 +0000
                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: AE8M
Operator(s): AE8M N9SF
Station: AE8M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 21 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:   34     13
   40:  347     57
   20:   84      2
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  465     72  CW Mults = 72  Ph Mults = 43  Total Score = 115,230

Club:

Comments:

This was my first experience operating while the vehicle was moving and I am
grateful to N9SF for serving as my driver, navigator, tactician and all around
sage for making this adventure possible.

Thanks to all who called.  The most frequently worked stations were WA3HAE
(20), NU0Q (10), W9RE (9), KT9L and W9I (8), VE3NBJ and WA2VYA (7); at 6 each
K9FO, AC5O, K9GDF, K9NW, N8BJQ, WB0PYF.

Rig was KX3 with KXPA100 amp, hamsticks on 40 and 20, Hustlers on 80 and 75.

One lesson learned on my first mobile contest in motion is that weak stations
are much harder to dig out of the noise than when parked.  My apologies to
those that I gave up on and resumed CQing.  Another lesson is that Hustler RM80
and RM75 resonators will become loose at the mast connection.  If we had not
checked them frequently, they would have fallen off.  Also, the RM80 resonator
and mast mounted on a standard SUV will not make it under some Indiana bridges
without damage.

73, John, AE8M