[3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 00:35:40 +0000
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: (Braintree) NOR MA
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:     84        0
   40:    168        5
   20:    230       24
   15:     37        0
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    519       29  Mults = 71  Total Score = 75,757

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Tom and the entire NEQP team for another fun event.

My goal was to surpass my 2014 NOR MA record...came up short by about 1,500
pts. I had a reasonable start on Saturday with about 325 QSO's in the log. I
had hoped for some great runs on Sunday morning but the conditions were
horrible. I thought I had major radio and/or antenna problems.

WWV on 20 MHz was less than S1 and barely readable. 10 and 15M were completely
dead. I didn't have a single QSO on 10M...not even any ground wave eastern MA
QSO's. 15 never really recovered with a disappointing 37 qso's. That band cost
me a new record for NOR MA.

I confirmed the bad conditions while working a few SSB qso's. Stations in
Florida were having the same problems as me. At least my radio was OK !!

20M started to improve after 1600 utc on Sunday, but 15 and 10 never did.

Oh well there's always next year!

Results:
47 states, 5 provinces, 20 countries, 39 NE counties

Thanks for all the QSO's. Special thanks to the DX and mobile stations.

Station: TenTec Omni7 100W, Heil ProSet Plus, WinKeyer, 4 el yagi, 40/80
dipoles
Computer:  Windows 7 running N1MM

73  Rick  N1DC