[3830] 7QP N7MZW SOSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP N7MZW SOSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 07:20:06 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SOSSB LP
QTH: Cheyenne, WY
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:   0       0      0
   80:   0       7      0
   40:   0     291      0
   20:   0     467      0
   15:   0      35      0
   10:   0       1      0
    6:   0       0      0
    2:   0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:   0     801      0  Mults = 60  Total Score = 95,640

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Kenwood TS-950SD, Heil BM-10 and HC-5 ProSets,and a home brewed G5RV up 50 feet
running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation from Laramie County Wyoming. Another
"Boy and His Wire" adventure from my Apartment QTH in Cheyenne.
Nearby storms made for very high QRN at times, and 10 Meters was not open for
very long. 162 less Q's, but 4 more mults as compared to last year. Best moment
was hearing ON4UN chastise an Italian station who landed on my run frequency and
started calling CQ. Very few "7-Landers" gave their exchange as:
Signal report followed by "5 letter state/county code", as explained
in the 7QP Rules. This combined with the innate desire of non-7 Land Ops to
want to send their county(in addition to their state),was a real time waster
and rate killer! I was asked to QSY twice while "running", in order
to provide a "last state on XX Meters for a WAS Award". (I politely
declined). Still a great contest, with almost zero intentional QRMing and some
great ops. Seem's like I'm still eating KK7AC's dust in this contest, but feel
like I did very well with a 26 year old "barefoot" rig, and a single
wire antenna deployed on a small city lot. Thanks to all that worked me. CU
next year!