[3830] 432SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hamk9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 23:44:07 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62
Operating Time (hrs): 2.75

Total:  QSOs = 51  Mults = 20  Tot Dist(km) = 1782  Total Score = 1,020

Club:

Comments:

Great local activity, fair conditions.

Mults total is based on 'classic' Rover scoring; count mults separately from
each Grid-4 visited and add them up. Five unique Grid-4s worked.

Breakdown by Grid-4s I visited:

Grid Qs Ms
EN51 12  5
EN52 13  5
EN61 13  5
EN62 13  5
Tot. 51 20 = 1020

Total DX - 1728 km

Six QSOs shy of tripling last year's QSO total and, besides working all four of
the local grids from all 4 of my grids, I was able to work EN53 from all four of
the grids I visited (thanks W9GA) for a total of 20 multipliers. EN61 was the
grid with which I made the highest number of QSOs, 15, including two with KU8Y
over in Michigan.

No paths over 100 miles for me - 7 in the 130-155 km range, 4 in the 70 km
range, 4 in the 40 km range and the remaining 36 paths were 20 km or shorter.

Best DX was to N9LB in EN52hv from EN61ax, 155 km, but I only managed to link
up with Lloyd once.

QSOs were completed with 11 different calls including two local rovers. As I
stayed in the vicinity of the grid corner, that made it fairly easy to work the
same stations from all four of my grid stops and I did that with 5 fixed
stations and with one of the other rovers from all four of his stops (a "4
x 4") and from both stops where I found the other rover (a "2 x
4").

Thanks to ALL who participated in the 2015 432 MHz Spring Sprint and to Kent,
KA2KQM, and Mike, WB8BZK, for their continued work as the Spring Sprint
hosting
team and to the Central States VHF Society for their sponsorship. Thanks also
to Bruce, WA7BNM, for supporting the VHF & Up Sprints with the
3830scores.com web site.

73, JK