[3830] 50SprngSprnt W9RM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 50SprngSprnt W9RM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 19:43:46 +0000
                    50 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: W9RM
Operator(s): W9RM
Station: W9RM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: DM58
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 15  Mults = 15  Tot Dist(km) = 33079  Total Score = 225

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Contest started with a probable E-linked T-E opening to CE land.  Worked 2 CE's
in first 10 minutes of test then nothing but meteor scatter and ionoscatter for
the remainder of the contest.  Meteor scatter was OUTSTANDING on some paths, but
the number of QSOs available on that mode were slim.  I worked several 1000 mile
contacts as fast as technically possible on WSJT - 2.5 minutes including 73's.

Also fun to work a number of meteor scatter Qs using "old school" CW
methods.  I like and value WSJT, but I hope the old ways don't die.  CW MS on
6M is a very viable mode.