[3830] NewEngQP N8II Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N8II Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 01:33:00 +0000
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 1.3

   80:     16
   40:     27       7
   20:      5       1
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:     48       8  Mults = 30  Total Score = 8,120

Club:

Comments:

I had a big time in the 7QP and conditions and activity to New England seemed
quite good on Saturday evening while I was working the 7QP pretty hard and
ignoring NEQP. 20 opened on Es around 23-01Z and even the backscatter sigs were
easy copy all evening. When I decided to help a few NEQP ops out the next day at
2043Z with some S&P only, I could barely hear any W1's at all on 20 and
there were just a handful of ops on 40, it was darned slow! 40 and 80 sounded
normal and picked up later. As low as activity seemed, I was surprised to make
as many Q's as I did. The serious NE competitors were scraping bottom,
switching bands often to catch a few stray Q's like me. I had virtually a 100%
first call = QSO ratio. It was a little contest fun and a give back to all of
those dedicated ops.

73, Jeff