[3830] King of Spain CW EA5ON SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] King of Spain CW EA5ON SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 20:06:56 +0000
                    His Maj. King of Spain Contest, CW

Call: EA5ON
Operator(s): EA5ON
Station: EA5ON

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Teruel
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:   45    20
   20:   63    26
   15:   23    15
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  132    62  Total Score = 11,098

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

A repeat performance of last year, jumping in the car and heading up to Teruel
province early sunday morning. There's not normally a lot of activity from TE
so hope it was a mult for most folks.

I found a nice spot on relatively flat ground, in the middle of nowhere (4 cars
passed during the whole morning). Nice and shady but lots of bugs. Set up on 20
using the vertical on the car and things were looking good. Tried 40m after a
while but problems again with the car engine. So, threw up a vertical on a
fishing rod in the tree with one radial and that seemed to work OK. Poor condx
so went up to the high bands hoping for action. Bad choice, one qso on 10 and
slowwww rate on 15. Spend the rest of the morning hopping from one band to the
next but I had obviously missed the best hours.

I still don't have much time to devote to station upgrades. The transformer for
the laptop still makes nighmtmare QRN on 10 and 40. Still haven't interfaced the
laptop with  TS 590 so all manual keying. Sorry to the folks that had to put up
with my mistakes and thanks for QRS when it was obvious I wasn't getting your
call :).

CU in WPX next weekend!
73 de Duncan EA5ON