[3830] WPX CW N3QE SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshoppa@wmata.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N3QE SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 01:20:03 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 26

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  654
   20:  515
   15:  510
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Had a superb time on 40M the first night. Open just great before my sundown,
open many many hours after EU sunrise. All them 6-pointers.

15M seemed a little meh Saturday morning. Open, but not as good as many of the
previous weeks in minor contests. For a while entertained the thought of going
single-band 40M. But muddled through, fixed some stuff around the house, 15M
was also meh to JA in afternoon, 20M seemed good enough to EU in late
afternoon. Maybe future big summer-ish contests, should just concentrate on
nights and sleep in mid-day?

Second night on 40M was pretty good too. Started out with some far thunderstorm
noise but it quieted down quite nicely. For a while it felt like I had worked
most of EU already, 6-pointer rate not so high. Did some SA, bounced around
20M, back to 40M etc, then again a big EU rate after their sunrise on 40M.

Sunday morning... wow! 15M opened to EU super early, must've been way before I
got up. But I defected to 20M because it was open great to JA as well as EU and
my 20M count was way behind. Then when I got to 15M it was open very nicely to
JA and just huge to EU. Then my daughter complains the upstairs air
conditioning is broken. Spent an hour and a half emptying the drain plan and
unplugging the drain pipe. By that point way after lunch and the 15M spotlight
was still OK but a lot of spotlight had moved to midwest USA who were just
having a grand old time working EU. Took a long nap, came back on 20M with just
enough effort to break 4M points then go make supper.