[3830] WPX CW N5ZO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marko.l.myllymaki@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N5ZO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 01:39:48 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N5ZO
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Southern Cal.
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   25
   40:  420
   20:  939
   15:  860
   10:   61
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I just decided on Friday that I will do my 1st ever all band DX contest from
home here in California after living here two times total of abt 10 yrs.  About
week before the contest we got one of the C31XRs up on tower, although not
completely tuned, had to still use tuner on 15m.  So I had some better antennas
than trap beams.  I had score of 5 million on mind and just reached it at the
end, so expectations were set right I guess.  It was interesting for e to
figure out where to point antennas and what band to be and when to take breaks
etc. operating from my own home.  I did not yet have capability to beam 2
directions in same time, but plan to have it in the future.  I really wanted to
have it multiple times during the weekend.  Quite good conditions, although I
felt that most EU and also JA signals were weak and had tough time to get all
the numbers logged.  Equipment used on this one:
C31XR "multi monobander" 90 ft high on one tower
A4S trap beam at 90 ft and M2 2 el 40m linear loaded yagi at 105 ft on other
tower.
A3S trap beam at 30 ft on separate mast.
80 m inverted V, feed point at about 85 ft.
2x K-3 + 2x Alpha 87A

TNX for QSOs and hope to see you again next time !
Marko N5ZO