[3830] WPX CW NC8C(K8MR) SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NC8C(K8MR) SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 01:59:17 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NC8C
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:    3
   80:   22
   40:  297
   20:  637
   15:  364
   10:   28
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I spent more time than usual in the WPX CW, since this year it was not Memorial
Day weekend, which always conflicts with a major bridge tournament here in
Cleveland. And after spending the winter in Florida with only a KX3, I was
overdue for a DX contest from a real station.

Conditions were pretty good, other than quitting at 2200Z Saturday as
thunderstorms moved in. After nearly four hours of major downpours, with the
last of the lightning still in the distance I decided to spend a bit of time
working the loud guys on 40 before calling it a night. Turns out that the band
was not especially noisy and was otherwise in good condition, so I could
actually run EU at a reasonable rate. 20 also was in good shape later.

By 1500Z Sunday things were getting slow, so I hung it up as NC8C, took a
break, and returned for the afternoon as NO8DX.

73 - Jim K8MR