[3830] WPX CW PY1KS(@PR1T) SO(A)SB40(R) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW PY1KS(@PR1T) SO(A)SB40(R) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:27:42 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: PY1KS
Operator(s): PY1KS
Station: PR1T

Class: SO(A)SB40(R) LP
QTH: Teresopolis
Operating Time (hrs): 30.21
Remote Operation

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  756
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  756  Prefixes = 551  Total Score = 2,434,869

Club: Rio DX Group

Comments:

It was nice to have fun again! Since I moved from Cologne area to Bavaria, I was
out of almost all contests because the antenna permission and of course the
distance of the big guns that I know. So, I've bought the remoteig to at least
having some fun from my friend's station (PY1NB/PR1T) in Rio. As I'm still a
Licensed HAM in Rio, why not? :)

Well, I think I need to learn how to improve remote operation (Maybe the
internet connection was the problem) because I could notice a lot of problems
TXing using Win-test thru the remoterig, a lot of people has copied my call
wrongly and the TX was holding some dits and dahs. Maybe some experts on remote
operation can help me on this later. I didn’t test anything beside just check
if it was working. I ran for a couple of minutes during ARI and CQ-M contests
to test it and for me was looking great.

Despite the problem with internet and remoterig configuration I had a blast
this weekend. I didn't know what "no sleep" and "keep your butt
on chair" meaning anymore. hihihi..

The 2 hours in the morning with 6 QSOs only while propagation to US was closed
make me almost give up and go to bed, but the hour after presented me some good
surprises with some ASIA and Pacific QSOs, unfortunately the location of PR1T is
not the best for NA, but is amazing to EU, I started to copying EU very early
but was quite painful to break the EU noise to be heard with only 100w.

I would like to thank Felipe (PY1NB) to let me use the PR1T station during this
weekend and his support trying to find out what was causing those hangs on TX
and some I/O errors during the communication initialization. Also the patient
HAMs that repeat their numbers a couple of times and also have patience to
listen my numbers.
Rig
Radios: Elecraft K3 (Germany and Brazil)
Remoterig
Antenna Moxon W6NL for 40m.
Logging Program: Win-test
PWR: 100W