[3830] WPX CW IZ3NVR SO(A)SB10 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, menon.ste@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW IZ3NVR SO(A)SB10 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 14:54:01 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SO(A)SB10 QRP
QTH: JN65ep
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:    1
   15:    0
   10:  104
------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Wow, conditions at these latitudes were terrible.
Before the contest I was almost tempted not to enter it due to the various
duties that would have kept me out of reach of the station for all the
weekend.

The day before the starting time I decided for a 10m entry using the prototype
of my remote station powered by a Raspberry Pi 2. Have to admit I did not enter
the contest to be competitive, just to test delays and the overall setup I am
working on.

Ended up being quite a competitive entry with a lot of contacts (I thought to
achieve far less) done in an almost useless band due to the very bad conditions
of 10m during most of the weekend. Tried to call CQ a couple of times and,
copied by the skimmers
http://www.reversebeacon.net/dxsd1/dxsd1.php?f=0&c=iz3nvr&t=dx (nothing
fancy), got a caller (thanks Matt, IY3A, for the thrill). Most of the times I
was calling with no success and not even a single spot. Sometimes I had the
feeling of not having the radio connected to the antenna but could not
physically check. Not a single US station made it to my receiver and not a
single QSO with oceania was made on that band even thou I could hear 9M2 and
few more mults of that area. Worked lots of European stations and South
American stations. I am definitely amazed by LT7H score in the very same
category but I have to admit playing remotely doesn't really help as you may
pass along some tiny signal that you can't hear due to internet delay.

I definitely sweat trying to get high speed serials with small delays in the
T/R switch over the net. Most of the time it "ate" the first dits and
I had to ask for repeats. Hope my transmission was clear enough and it would not
imply some busted call or serial.

All in all a fun contest, and I am pleased my remote solution, at least,
works.

Station:
FT-450 @ 5W
4el monobander