[3830] WPX CW N4WW M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ww@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N4WW M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 02:57:45 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N4WW
Operator(s): K0LUZ N4WW LU1FAM DL6BW WF3C K1MM
Station: N4WW

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: apopka,fl
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    0
   80:  196
   40: 1022
   20: 2091
   15: 1572
   10:  169
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Well the saying is that "old age and treachery will always beat youth and
enthusiasm" that is not true this weekend at n4ww.

We welcomed in lu1fam Luc and dl6bw Wolfgang who did the lions share of
operating along with long time friend k0luz. I dont know exactly what their
ages are but around mid 30's at most. NICE effort. I really didnt expect to be
competitive in this category so I used my own call instead of a funny 2X1 call.
But so did k9ct and n1ln our main competitors so far. I used to fancy myself as
a prefix collector and I like to use n4ww for wpx award  but trouble is I have
to organize 5000 prefixs for cq wpx award and I dont have the will or desire
for that gigantic paper work burden.

Reading other comments about prop and was the same down here. Nothing much on
10 but some 80 with modest success. As a late night operator I expected 10 to
be wide open the next day as I was working qso's all night long the first night
with very deep asian dx. Around 0300-0500 qso's with xw1ic,vr2co,fk8dd,e2x,ye1c
and deep Russians. That was a very false illusion. 10 meters was as flat as the
bottom of the sunspot cycle.

I like to thank my long time friend Gary k0luz who loves to run as much now as
when we first operated together in fact he may be getting better. If there is
to be a Southeast USA hall of fame for contesting he has my vote as number
one.
Chirs wf3c did his great job of organizing the op's and help getting all this
junk put together  that I refuse to spend my free time engineering. Somehow it
all works.

Dennis w4dii my antenna engineer continues to upgrade antennas for this station
with new long boom antennas on 20/15/10 and my dream a 2element 80 meter beam.
He is probably is as much responsible for this improved score as anyone.

73 doc n4ww