[3830] AlQP N4ZZ/M Mobile Multi-OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad4eb@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] AlQP N4ZZ/M Mobile Multi-OpCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 03:27:56 +0000
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: N4ZZ/M
Operator(s): AD4EB N4ZZ KI4HVY
Station: N4ZZ/M

Class: Mobile Multi-OpCW LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:   716
   20:   608
   15:    10
   10:
--------------------
Total:  1334    0  CW Mults = 46  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 122,728

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Another enjoyable AQP mobile adventure for the N4ZZ/m team is now complete.
This was our 5th time entering the contest, and ended up as our second best
finish (the top was in 2012 with 300+ more contacts).  Seemed like propagation
was not as good as in past years, and also participation may have been a down a
bit.  But we sure had fun.

We had high hopes for 15m, but it did not pan out (just 10 contacts).  But both
40 and 20m were decent day and night.  We had our 80m Hustler on hand, but did
not need to put it up (would have lost 20m if we did).  Don and I operated in 3
hours shifts.

W0BH Bob worked us the most, he was really booming into AL during the entire 12
hours. He seemed to have no problem following us around as we changed counties
and bands, and sometimes moved us to 15m. W4NZ Ted and K9OM Dick worked us a
bunch as well.  Here are the top 12 in our log:

W0BH(50)
W4NZ(36)
K9OM(36)
KQ3F(33)
N4DU(32)
N4VV(31)
NS9I(29)
NU0Q(29)
N2MM(27)
AD4RE(25)
W1DWA(25)
AB1J(21)

For the DX stations, DK3BN Jurgen and UA3AGW Dmitry had great signals which
were easy to copy even during some of the large NA pileups. Here are the top 5
DX stations in our log:

DK3BN(11)
UA3AGW(11)
HK3Q(8)
DL3DXX(7)
OK2EC(7)

The most surprising contact was 9K2NO, Muhammad in Kuwait, who came out of
nowhere with a really strong signal.  Had him send his call several times just
to make sure he really was 9K2, thanks for the QSO Muhammad.

We appreciate everyone who worked us, even those that just worked us once.  The
pileups were a blast to work thru, especially during the last half of the
contest.

Thanks to KC4HW Jim Johnson for all your work in making this contest happen.
And special thanks to my wonderful wife Melody KI4HVY, for navigating and
driving Don and I all over Alabama (550 mile route).  We really appreciate your

help.

73 from the N4ZZ/m team:

Jim - AD4EB
Don - N4ZZ